TITLE: Programme Coordinator
BASED IN: Europe-Remotely
CONTRACT TYPE: 100% full time; 12-month contract (subject to successful completion of 3-month probationary period included in the 7 months)
Women Now for Development is a feminist, women-lead non-governmental organization dedicated to deepening and strengthening women’s role in Syrian and Lebanese communities by enhancing their social, economic, and cultural participation. Women Now was established in June 2012 by in response to the conflict in Syria and ensuing humanitarian crisis. Today, we implement programmes in four Women and Girls Safe Spaces (WGSS): two in Syria and two in Bekaa, Lebanon, reaching thousands of beneficiaries annually. We work in four integrated programmatic areas:
- Protection – Psychosocial support,
- Empowerment – Education and Vocational Skills training,
- Participation – Leadership training and Rights Awareness
- Advocacy and Campaigning – at the local and international level.
At Women Now we work from the ground up, to empower ourselves, and the community around us in order to bring about significant, long-term change.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Programme Coordinator will be crucial member of the Women Now for Development team. She/he will manage the implementation/coordination of projects implemented inside Syria.
The Programme Coordinator will have broad knowledge of project cycle management and the confidence and experience to apply that knowledge in a challenging context. The successful candidate will have the interpersonal skills to coordinate with colleagues from different backgrounds and build professional and positive relationships with other local CSOs, INGOs and governmental donors.
The Programme Coordinator will be motivated to enhance the quality of our programming and reporting.
This is an exciting role for someone who is passionate about gender equality and who wants to broaden their experience in a range of areas, working for a leading feminist, women’s rights-based organisation.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Empowerment and Leadership Manager, the Programme Coordinator will work to complete the following tasks:
- Manage project implementation throughout project cycles.
- Coordinating with implementing staff in-field to ensure that programmes are implemented according to workplans, and targets set in log frames. Daily follow-up with implementing staff to support, guide and problem-solve and setting weekly plans.
- Identifying and report on any issues that arise, including for example, changes in need or context, challenges to implementation, budgetary issues, or barriers to access to our services. Suggest and manage amendments to programmes when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Ensuring programmatic complaints and suggestions are reported and where appropriately addressed through programme modifications,
- Consulting Technical Advisors where necessary to enhance and develop programme content and design, and to problem solve.
- Reviewing and assessing the quality of training curricula and working with technical staff, trainers, and consultants to develop training materials.
- Working with the HR team to recruit project staff as necessary.
- Supporting MEAL team in development of log frame and MEAL plan, and MEAL tools including needs assessments, and ensuring sufficient data is collected to report on set outputs, outcomes and longer-term impact.
- Working with the Finance team to develop and monitor activity budgets.
- Conducting spending monitoring and finding programmatic solutions to significant over or underspends.
- Responsible for narrative reports, including written analysis of the impact of programmes, challenges faced, solutions implemented, lessons learnt etc.
- Responsible for coordinating with partner organisations and donors as required and representing Women Now and the programmes in a professional and positive manner.
- Participating in trainings as required and actively disseminating knowledge to colleagues within the organisation for example by delivering presentations.
- Helping to ensure that Safeguarding standards are upheld throughout the project and reporting any concerns to the management team.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, gender studies, human rights, political science, international law or another relevant subject
- 4 years’ experience working in either Rights-based NGOs, or Humanitarian NGOs
- Experience of working on programmes specifically for women and/or adolescent girls
- Knowledge/experience of programmatic areas: Protection, Adult Education, Vocational Training, and Economic Empowerment/Livelihoods.
- Experience of project cycle management:
- needs assessment and needs monitoring,
- project planning and development including target setting
- budget planning
- managing implementation according to targets and the workplan,
- spending monitoring
- drafting narrative reports,
- monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of coordinating a team and ability to foster a sense of community amongst team members
- Experience of professional networking – fostering relationships with existing and potential partner organisations (both local organisations and donors)
- Experience in working on programmes specifically for women and girls and sophisticated understanding of gender mainstreaming
- Understanding of safeguarding and child protection, accountability to affected populations and the Core Humanitarian Standard, donor requirements, budgeting and financial constraints, due diligence procedure
- Strategic thinking and forward planning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: ability to build and maintain professional and positive relations with: trainers, colleagues, beneficiaries, partners and donors
- Excellent problem-solving skills: the ability to anticipate, pre-empt and solve problems (risk mitigation)
- Excellent organizational skills and good follow-through
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software (especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English is essential
- Keen interest in Women now’s feminist values and strong motivation in putting them into practice.
- Team spirit. – cooperative, professional and committed
- Shows initiative and the desire to learn and grow
- Analytical, thorough and attentive to detail
How to apply:
If you are interested to join our team, please send a cover letter explaining how you fulfil the person specification, and a CV to: [email protected]
as soon as possible.