Position: Programs Manager
Location: Gaziantep – Turkey
Duration of Contract: Long-Term
Advertisement Date : 04 August 2023
Close Date: 11 August 2023
“Women Now for Development” WND is a feminist, women-led, and rights-based organization with eleven years of experience. WND specializes in programs for women and adolescent girls in Syria. Working in four integrated program areas Protection, Empowerment, Participation, Advocacy and Research programs.
Tasks and Duties:
Programs Manager, Under the direct supervision of Country Manager, and technical supervision of Headquarters level. The PM is responsible for managing programs and Grants complying with WND and Donor’s regulations and Guidelines.
- Responsible for overseeing the management of all WND projects implementation throughout project cycles and ensuring that projects are implemented in line with work plans and targets, or adjusted in response to changes in the context or needs.
- Contributes to enhancing the gender-sensitivity and feminist approaches of the organization’s programs implemented in Syria and Turkey.
- Plays an essential role in connecting the gender transformative justice work of WND’s offices and Women and Girl Safe Spaces in different countries, as well as the organization’s affiliated partners.
- Ensures adherence to international standards and other guidance on Protection, GBV Services, Child-friendly spaces,child safeguarding PSEA, community-lead social action, etc., disseminating such information within the organization and ensuring its application when appropriate.
- Responsible for managing the grants and relationships with donors in all stages, negotiation, preparation and finalizations of agreements and Closing up grants.
- Checking and negotiating contracts; ensuring compliance with non-finance related contractual obligations.
Coordination and Management:
- Strengthens internal relationships and consolidated partnerships with relevant actors to advance shared feminist commitments.
- Helps strengthen a participatory and reflective form of leadership, based on an affected community and bottom-up approach, rather than through hierarchical and top-down mechanisms
- Provides guidance, leadership, and support to amplify WND’s voice in all spaces that Women Now participates in and at all levels, local, regional and international.
- Helps to facilitate feminist thinking and knowledge production and the documentation of women’s experiences and feminist activism through the program design and implementation. Furthermore, it explores ways to disseminate this knowledge.
- Maintains positive professional relations with existing donors, donor networking and builds relationships with new potential donors.
- Acts as a Women Now ambassador and represents the organization at workshops and conferences as necessary.
- Coaches, mentors and trains project’s members on grant’s management, feminist approaches, and implementations.
- Coordinates with the MEAL department and contributes to the project’s M&E plans and reporting regularly.
- Attends and leads grants management`s regular meetings with HQ various managers/coordinators.
- Prepares kick-off meetings with the relevant team members to introduce the project,clarifies responsibilities and assigns duties
- Acts as the budget holder, which involves assisting the Finance team in preparing the budget forecast, approving purchase orders after checking with the finance team on amount availability for the budget line and reviewing BVA.
Design & Proposal Writing & Reporting:
- Leads on managing the execution of WND`s programs in Syria and Turkey, including innovative and collaborative feminist learning and mentorship programs for colleagues and partners.
- Reviews and finalizes program reports, and provides constructive feedback to ensure high-quality reporting. Reviews narrative and financial reports, ensure completion of activities and reporting within agreed timeframes, and coordinates with the Finance Department regarding relevant financial reports
- Designs new programs in line with the Women Now ethos and strategy in coordination with the technical managers, taking into consideration learning from previous programs, through Feminist MEAL tools.
- Drafts winning proposals, log-frames, MEAL plans, work plans and risk assessments.
- Reviews budget and ensures that they are appropriate for proposed projects.
- Participates in securing diverse and sustainable sources of funding.
- Contributes to donors’ reports and organizational reports in its related sections ( M&E, Progress, Challenges, success stories) as needed.
- Facilitating donor visits and meetings, and responding to their enquiries.
- – Excellent understanding of the Syrian context in general, and specifically Syrian civil society
- – 4+ years’ experience working in either Rights-based NGOs, or Humanitarian NGOs.
- – Education in women’s studies, social work, social sciences, other relevant fields (desirable)
- – Demonstrates a clear understanding of gender-transformative justice, intersectionality, human rights, and broader structural determinants compounding violence against women and girls
- – Experience in working on programs/projects specifically for women and/or adolescent girls
- – Applicants should also demonstrate a keen interest in Women Now values and strong motivation in putting them into practice.
- – Strong experience in project management, the ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure,work under pressure, and maintain attention to details.
- – Knowledge and experience in developing Arabic language political participation, human rights, and gender training curricula relevant to women in the Syrian context.
- – Experience in planning and executing training workshops and mentoring others.
- – Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- – The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the projects teams
- – Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise projects teams on their tasks in relation to the projects.
- – Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- – Good report writing skills and attention to details.
- – A self-starter with an efficient and hard-working approach.
- – Dynamic, creative and driven.
- – Good Skills in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel, as well as video communication platforms.
- – Speaking Arabic and English fluently.
- – Living in Gaziantep – Turkey (Turkish Citizenship holders is preferred) or ability to move to Gaziantep.
WND gives priority to women applicants in all of its recruitment processes.
If you are interested in the position, please fill the application by the following link
(due to the urgent need for a position, applicants will be contacted before closing the call if suitable candidates are available).